Thursday, March 19, 2015

Viva Las Vegas! Part 1: Art, Lights and More Lights!

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign Alex and me on our way up to Ghostbar at the Palms Me & the bae 😍 #BruceWillisForever Mirror photo! Alex and Me

As I said in my last post, my boyfriend and I went to Las Vegas and it was BEAUTIFUL!!  The lights!  The things to do!  The people-watching!  It was crazy!  I can't wait to go back.  I mean, we had such a LONG list of things to do and we didn't even do half of them!  Partly because he got really sick :( and partly because there was so much to do that we couldn't decided on what to do first.

Luckily, we got to enjoy the gorgeous views from Ghostbar at the Palms.  It was amazing!  They even had this piece of glass on the rooftop part where you could stand and look down 55 stories.  At first, I was like, "Pssh...that tiny piece of plexiglass?!  The whole patio should be plexiglass so we could constantly be walking over Las Vegas haha!"  But once I got near it and saw that it was directly above the "PALMS" marquee lights, I felt a little pang of fear of being that high.  I am horribly afraid of heights.  The bar is great, though, and the bartenders were wonderful!

Ghostbar at the Palms Ghostbar at the Palms Ghostbar at the Palms Ghostbar at the Palms

Seeing two Jeff Koons pieces was a total surprise! We stumbled upon them on our way to the Ferrari showroom at the Wynn.  It was really hard to capture just how reflective these pieces actually were.  It was crazy!

Tulips by Jeff Koons Tulips by Jeff Koons Popeye by Jeff Koons

We also checked out the Fabergé Revealed exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art.  I couldn't take any photos but boy, did I want to!  The pieces were quite beautiful.  Check them out!

One of my personal favorite highlights was taking a ride on the High Roller.  Standing at 550 feet tall, it is the largest observation wheel in the world!  the views are phenomenal and I highly recommend going at night because, well, THE LIGHTS!!!  The Linq complex is really fun, too.  We didn't realize all those things were tucked away in that little area until we headed to the High Roller.  That's a return visit right there!

The High Roller at The Linq IMG_0629
  Alex and a very nice gentleman who didn't tell us his name, he just jumped in for a photo Outside the High Roller at The Linq IMG_0637 IMG_0639 IMG_0647 IMG_0654 IMG_0663

The Linq also has a mural project headed up by the ISI Group that seems to change constantly.  Check out some pieces I caught - including a lovely in-progress one (with the ladder)

IMG_0670 IMG_0674 IMG_0696 IMG_0698 IMG_0683 IMG_0682 IMG_0685 IMG_0684

Vegas was a blast! Everyone had the same joke: "Don't run off and get married in Vegas hahaha!" but there are SO MANY things to do, I totally forgot to take all the photos I wanted of all the wedding chapels!  I did snag a few while we were stuck at traffic lights but nothing major.  All in all, it was a great trip - except the sick part - but that just means we have to go back!  Maybe this next time, my West Coast bestie will join!

Here's a short little video of our trip


Viva Las Vegas! from Katzi Roman on Vimeo.


My new friend and I hope you're having an awesome week so far!

Coffee Talk with a lamb made out of carnations Coffee Talk with a lamb made out of carnations

No comments:

Post a Comment