Monday, March 17, 2014

The Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - My Submission!

So...Cara posted my postcard submission for the Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project!  I'm so happy!

I received a...wait for it...deer head. WHAT. Immediately, I thought "Hannibal" because...I mean...duh - nightmare stag, right?!

I used this handsome photo of Mads Mikkelsen as my reference for the nightmare stag.

Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission

Here are some progress shots of how I did his plaid suit.  Of course, it had to be a 3-piece suit.
Only the finest for Dr. Lecter.

Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission

I had to somehow include the most incredible curtains that ever existed as a background piece.  The red marker's cap was a darker red but when I started coloring, it was more pinky-fuchsia than anything.  Meh - I went with it.

Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission

I also had to add some blood because...it's Hannibal.  Lots of blood.  And you know me, I love blood.

Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project - my submission

The word bubble says: "Tell me about your dreams, Will Graham" but you have to imagine it in Mads' best Hannibal voice.

Not gonna lie, this project took a darker turn than I thought but I'm happy with the way it came out because it's Hannibal-related and I dig that.  I hope you guys like it, too!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment