Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It's not bad to do good things for yourself

I was putting together a little package for someone during our Snow Days last week and one of the things I made was a little book full of quotes and mantras that inspire me.  I made the book with the hope that they will inspire the person it's going to and I loved it so much that I made one for myself!

I'm taking a cue from Gala Darling's Radical Self-Love project.  I feel like lately, I've been neglecting myself in many ways.  I wasn't really seeing it until my friend kindly pointed out that I hadn't plucked my eyebrows to their usual state of prettiness.  I made up the excuse that I was trying to grow them out (which was kinda true) but then I confessed: I just haven't had the time.  She scolded me and reminded me that there is ALWAYS time for ourselves!  And she's right.  I didn't need to take out my sorrows and stresses on myself and make sure everyone around me is okay - I need to make sure I'M okay.  And I'm not saying that to be self-centered, I'm saying that because it's true - we need to take time for ourselves.  I think fellow bloggers on the same page since Kailey posted a wonderful post about pampering ourselves on her blog, Mermaidens, and I took it as a sign that it's time for me to stop feeling bad about wanting to do something better for myself!  I need to get back in the habit of painting my nails, plucking my eyebrows regularly, dressing up for no reason and doing all the things that make me feel good from the inside out.  And you should too!

Here are a couple of pages from my notebook:

Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book Inspirational quotes book

Some of the mantras are from Louise Hay's wonderful app Heal Your Body A-Z.  I picked mantras to help stimulate love in yourself and with that, it can help balance other areas that you may or may not be having issues with.  I notice that when I'm saying one of her mantras (with love, of course), I feel so much better that I've forgotten what was wrong in the first place or that my headache or stomach ache or whatever was bothering me has totally vanished!  I focus on the self-love part because I know healing starts from the inside out and once I'm in a good place with myself, I can focus on the rest.

Enjoy! xo

Do you have any mantras or things you like to do for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment