Saturday, January 11, 2014

Secret Pen Pal Scavenger Hunt 2014 - Progress!

On Tumblr, I revealed a little snippet of what I'm putting together for the Secret Pen Pal Scavenger Hunt 2014!  I was a little hesitant to post anything about it because I took the "Secret" part of the title literally.  Like, as in ZERO posts about it until it was reveal day.  But I got a happy email from the organizer encouraging (and reminding) all participants to post their progress, so I did!  Here are my little things:



For the first two photos, I attempted calligraphy again and wrote out the recipe for a Colony Cocktail.  According to ProhibitionRepeal.com, the Colony was a speakeasy in New York where the Vanderbilts and Windsors went to dine in a civilized manner, with a cocktail (or two), no questions asked.  I also included two photos I took last year of the Biltmore Estate to bring it together.

The train ticket is a cute little piece of ephemera that I found and filled out with the recipient's information and it'll be tucked away in a little Travelogue I'm putting together.

I've been having so much fun with it and photographing items along the way with my Nikon and I can't wait to share the whole thing on reveal day!  The send date is quickly approaching and I'm hoping I collect all my items this weekend so I can finish assembling items and photographing the whole thing before it gets sent to its wonderful recipient at the end of next week!

I'm also very excited to see what I get in return!  It's so inspiring checking out the #secretpenpalscavengerhunt tag on Tumblr and Instagram!  I've been in a bit of a slump with social media so this might be the thing to perk me back up again :)

And because I'm trying to up my mail game, I'm going to start sending my lovely Californian something every month.  This month, I finally sent him his I Miss You card from Stay Home Club because I was feeling very selfish and I wanted to let him know that I love him and miss him very much.  I already have his Valentine's Day card picked out (with confetti!) and I'm already thinking about what his birthday card will look like for May.  I've also got a couple of ideas floating around for my nieces and their birthdays and some other folks I plan on sending pretty mail to!

Omiyage BlogsWreck This Girl and The Love Parcel are big time inspirations for this new project for me and I can't wait to see how many new friends come from it!

Are you doing any mail exchanges?  Send me links to your incoming / outgoing mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment