Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Putting it all out there...

I'm not one to sit in front of a camera and talk - that's not me.  I always joke around saying that I picked my career in post-production because I HATE being on-camera.  Well, I shed all of that stuff because I sat down in front of my little Nikon and talked about the latest hitRECord topic of "Woulda Coulda Shoulda".  I will not be posting the link here (or anywhere) because it's a bit of a semi-private matter but I think talking about it the way that I did is helping me let go of that time in my life and it might even be helping me to continue writing about it so that I can make my film about it and move on to bigger and better things.
Let me tell you - the experience was weird.  I don't know how vloggers do it!  I don't feel too comfortable sitting in front of a camera and talking for any amount of time but there was something quite liberating about it.  I almost forgot the camera was there and just talked as if I was sharing the story to another person (because talking in front of a crowd scares me more than being on camera).  And while I was playing it back for editing, I noticed a few things:
1 - My intros / outros are weird
2 - You can definitely tell when I start to feel more comfortable on camera
3 - The story I told is WAAAAAY more complicated than what I shared and it became extremely apparent that I HAVE to make this film soon
4 - I sound A LOT like my brother when I talk - which is something we've heard a lot but I never really noticed it until now

I'm glad I saw the request for this topic because it took me out of my comfort zone and by talking about it the way I did, I feel as though it's helping me shed that part of myself to make room for the better things!  See?  It's not so bad doing something a little different :D

Let's hope Regular Joe and the crew (if they see it...) take pity on me and enjoy the story for what it is and not by who's telling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment