Monday, July 29, 2013

Everything all at once!

Here I go again being a bad blogger...sorry folks.  It has been relly busy at work and it feels like I haven't done anything too exciting since I made that coffee video!  But seriously - things are going CRAZY.  My friend from high school is moving to Japan for a year, we upgraded the studio cameras at work to HD and I'm trying to get VERY familiar with them so that I feel comfortable using them, the old man and I are preparing for two very special house guests and yes, I heard the news about Cory Monteith.  Who didn't, right?!
I heard the news via Tumblr while I was uploading my coffee video.  It sounded like a Twitter death hoax for about 15 minutes and then, The Hollywood Reported confirmed the reports.  So tragic!  I think the Glee crew was supposed to start filming at the end of the month or something.  So crazy.  I've been trying to write a post about it since last Monday but I can't seem to find the words...

In other news - my sister is on the cover of the most recent Creative Loafing! You can read the cover story about +Fresh.i.Am+ here.

Did you get your copy of Creative Loafing with MY SISTER ON THE COVER??!?!!

Oh - and because John is moving to Japan, he bestowed upon me the greatest collection to archive for us to enjoy forever:



Yep - there's WAY more than just those VHS tapes - there are quite a few mini DVs as well. I was hoping to have them all captured by the time our guests arrive so that I don't have to worry about capturing them in stages but sadly, I'll have to put this project on hold until I can get more free time.  Here's an Instagram video of one of the first tapes I was able to capture.  Too bad I can't figure out how to embed those things yet!  Oh well.  I'm hoping to at least get one more captured before my nieces get here!!!

That's right - our two very special guests are my nieces that live in New York!  They'll be staying with my Mom and my Aunt for about a week and then the old man and I get to take them for a few days.  I'm stressing because we've never had the kids stay with us and I'm a little freaked out.  If I wasn't freaked out, I'd be worried.  Ha!  But seriously - we're getting ready for them to stay with us and we are so excited!!  I bought them their own personal Smash books so they can journal while they're here and since I'll be able to go with my Mom to pick them up at the airport tomorrow, I'm hoping to snap the first photo for their books!  I'll try to stay updated but with the plans we have for them - like going to the pool, going to the mall (A's request), checking out the World of Coca-Cola (I haven't been since I was a kid...),  Amicalola Falls (I hope!) and a bunch of other stuff - I might not be able to.  Maybe I'll make a Tumblr for easy posting?  Or maybe I'll just keep the one I have ^__^

Now - I'm off to help out with moving some stuff.  Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment