Monday, June 3, 2013

Show Reel Update Prep

It's that time again - I need to update my show reel.  Ugh.  It's so frustrating!  I've been having this problem since college.  I know I need to do it, so I do, and when I do, it's never good enough for the web.  EVER.
I recently joined the Behance community and let me tell you - my work feels inferior when I compare it to the folks on there.  But fear not - I found this wonderful tutorial for more dynamic items to add to my info graphics, which are steadily making their way into my workload more and more.
I tried this cube spin thing but I altered it a little to make a cute little 3D-looking calendar graphic.



Not too bad, if I do say so myself!  It was surprisingly easy, too!  With a little more tweaking, it could be something pretty neat!

And because the weather was terrible yesterday, I locked myself in the "lab" (my computer room) and played around with an ID for myself using elements from that sweet tutorial.


The "sparks" are timed out to the final piece of music I picked out for the entire show reel.  I need to add just a few more pieces to round it out and once it's ready, I'll post it for the world to see!  This scares and excites me at the same time.

We are our own worst critics, right?  I just need to relax, upload it and share it and see what happens from there, right?  I hope you guys like my two little pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment