Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wavves is BACK and better than ever

I was going to save this Wavves post until AFTER the show here in Atlanta next Monday but I can't wait any longer.

Afraid of Heights is AMAZING.

When Demon to Lean on was released, I was reblogging the crap out of it on Tumblr and I shared all his video posts of any and all performances of that track on Facebook.  When I heard about the pre-order, I signed up - a little too late - and I ended up missing out on the limited-to-500-pressing of the splatter vinyl of Afraid of Heights.  *Sigh* but I did get my t-shirt, a regular record, two CDs and 3 pins (which I lost almost immediately - ffffffff...)



I think I love this album so much because:

1-Nathan (and friends) paid for it themselves.  That's a pretty crazy feat in itself and you have to give major props for that - even if you aren't a fan of his music.

2-The lyrics, while they sometimes seem childish, have this underlying seriousness as if they were a not-so-serious-serious cry for help. Maybe not for Nathan specifically but maybe to you or me as the listener. I could be reading way to much into it (like I tend to do) but think about it next time you listen to a few tracks...And you have to admit, ladies, you'd like to be on the receiving end of one of his catchy loves songs, right?

3-Even though it was hard and we had Life Sux to calm our nerves for a bit, he took his time to make what he wanted and it was definitely worth the wait.  There's no denying that.  Afraid of Heights is wonderful and I suggest that you grab it (if you haven't already) and turn that shit up.


No comments:

Post a Comment