Monday, March 25, 2013

The End of an Era - The End of MCR

The day has come for all of us secret and not-so-secret Killjoys / MCRmy members - My Chemical Romance has broken up.

My old man let me know that it was the top story on BuzzFeed's side bar on Saturday.  I had to read the article to make sure it was true.  I didn't want to believe it.  I still don't.  It's devastating.  I've turned my not-so-secret-anymore Killjoy Tumblr into a mourning / memorial page as I reblog and post random MCR love letters and messages from the incredible fans who have taken the time to make some really awesome GIFs







And so on...

But the burning question is: WHY?  Why all of a sudden?  And why like this?



It was so sudden and so not like them.  I mean, how can you sum up an amazing 12 year ride in such a short paragraph?  We were all stunned, of course.  Then last night, I saw links to something that Gerard had written via TwitterTwitLonger.

It was beautiful.  I read it over and over - some sections more than others - with tears in my eyes at the thought of Gerard, Lindsey and Bandit chasing this bird around and Gerard feeling heavy-hearted that the iconic band he created that had saved so many lives (including mine) was over.

Tumblr, of course, is taking this terribly but I'm trying to remain optimistic.  I know the guys won't stop doing what they're doing - they love it too much!  Whether they take a break for a few months or a few years doesn't mean they're gone forever.  That's a little TOO dramatic, if you ask me.  Gerard's collab with Deadmau5 was only the beginning of things to come.  You know he's collaborating with others and he's got comics coming out and all that fun stuff.
Same thing for Frank, Ray, Mikey and the rest of the gang - I'm sure they're collaborating with others in other forums and things, so there's no way it's a total loss.  It is a shame, though.  My Chem got me through a pivotal part in my life and kept me from doing something I would've regretted forever and the only thing I can do is what I've been doing: holding them very near and dear (and secretly) close to my heart.

Thanks for everything Gerard, Frank, Ray, Mikey, Bob and everyone else who took part in this amazing band.

Killjoys will never die and your memory will carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment