Friday, January 25, 2013

That's not a shelf. That's not a shelf at all...

At work, I've been waiting for a shelf to come in from the fine folks at Ikea for about a month now.  We tried to pick it up at the actual store downtown but they didn't have the right color, they didn't have the right size, the containers someone else wanted for me weren't the right colors and it was an all around disaster, apparently.  So, the executive decision was made to order it online.
I was waiting and waiting for this thing to come in because my office is still in shambles because that shelf is the LAST piece.  Why is it such a pain?!
Then, a box was delivered to my office with the announcement of: "You shelf is finally here!"
Awesome!!  Too bad it was delivered as I was leaving for the day.  No worries, I'd just assemble it in the morning, right?  Totally.

**SPOILER ALERT: It wasn't my shelf AT ALL.

Untitled Untitled

I kept thinking, "Why is this box a little smaller than the shelf I wanted?" Because it wasn't a shelf at all - it was a damn anatomy skeleton.  What to do...what to do...I know - put it at the desk of the actual person who ordered it (and freak out the rest of my coworkers in the process)

The new guy did not last long...
Aptly titled: "The new guy did not last long..."

Long story short - my shelf is STILL not here (Thanks Ikea!) but we did make a new friend!

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment