Sunday, October 14, 2012

Full Moon Mani Test Run

You guys! I was looking around the internets for cute designs to try on the ol' paws when I came across this amazing look from one of my favourite nail blogs:The Illustrated Nail.



OH. MY. GAWD. I LOVE IT. And thank goodness there's kind of a tutorial for it here.
Armed with China Glaze's Liquid Leather (for the night sky) and Lubu Heels, Sally Hansen's White On, Orly's Shine On Crazy Diamond (as the "stars"), my makeshift dotting tool (made from this tutorial) because I don't have a striper brush, and a makeup sponge, I was ready to try it!


Well? Not bad, I'd say! I used Lubu Heels for the night sky on the rest of my nails and saved the full moon for my thumb (since it's the biggest "canvas").

I wanted to keep my manicure simple for my simple Halloween costume.  Since we're filming on Halloween (again...), I decided I'd keep my costume super simple so that I can work the filming in the morning and not have to worry about a super drastic costume change later.
So what is it??  Who am I dressing up as?  Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time!



You can't get any easier than jeans and a grey tank top, right?  I don't have the red boots, though.  Red shoes look weird on me so I'm sticking with some boots and I have a wig.  All I need is some vampire fangs and I'm all set! 

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment