Thursday, August 16, 2012

I secretly like to live in trashy romance novels Part 2

Stop the presses!  Remember how I said I could only picture Skarsgard as the one and only Christian Grey?  Well, that has all changed after seeing this glorious gif:


It appears as if my subconscious really REALLY wants Cillian Murphy as the sexy billionaire because as I was catching up on Ana and Christian's elevator exploits (among others...) I pictured Cillian Murphy's intense stare.
Why didn't I think of him before?!  All the talk is going towards RPattz (God love ya but no thanks), Ian Somerhalder (thanks but no thanks - too short), Chris Fine - err...I  mean Pine (hmmm...), Johnathan Rhys-Meyers (homina homina homina...but no), Skarsgard and a few others but Cillian Murphy just seems to fit.  Right.  Into.  Place.
I mean, Christian delivers these intense, longing looks with burning eyes and while the men listed above certainly have those definitive features, Cillian Murphy SLAYS me with his look above.  Don't believe me?  Why aren't you looking at that gif harder?!  Tell me you don't see 50 shades of fucked-up right there!
He's perfectly alluring with a hard edge that makes you intimidate him - perfect for palm twitchingly handsome Christian Grey.  As I was drifting off to sleep, I imagined Mr. Murphy as Mr. Grey with some unknown woman bent over his lap as he gently lifted his hand to strike her behind.  It just felt right.
It would be DEVASTATING if Cillian Murphy or Skarsgard don't get picked!  Those are the only two I see possible for this role!  I don't know if I would be able to see the movie if either one of these men weren't in it.  If it's neither Skarsgard or Murphy, my feelings and my subconscious goddess will be devastated and I don't think I could handle it.  I finally get why so many people were up in arms about The Hunger Games casting Liam Hemsworth as Gale - it just didn't make sense.  Though, I wasn't emotionally attached to Gale since I was late to the Hunger Games book party.  It's crazy how emotionally attached I am to Christian Grey.  But I guess that's the whole purpose of the books...

 

The Skarsgard photo is DEFINITELY owning me right now.  Le sigh...can't I just have both???

**EDIT:
I think Skarsgard has melted my heart. After some searching on IMdb, I started looking at photos of Mr. Skarsgard and I saw the following photo of his character Eric Northman with his "sister" Nora Gainesborough from True Blood.


TELL ME THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE CHRISTIAN GREY AND ANASTASIA STEELE (in a plum dress no less!!!!)  I can't concentrate!! GAAAH!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, except for the fact that Grey is an abusive, selfish, woman-hating asshole written by the most untalented writer in the history of the cosmos, and no actor with even a billionth of an ounce of self-respect would get involved with that steaming shitpile of a franchise-- oh, and Mr. Murphy is a polite, gentle soul who's about five-foot-six on a tall day-- I'd say you were right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Mr. Grey is an abusive, selfish, woman-hating asshole - I definitely understand that he's very misunderstood and his coping methods aren't "normal" for everyone. I get it. I get all of it.

      I learned just yesterday that 50 Shades of Grey started out as a fanfic about Edward and Bella and it all makes sense now - the writing style, the crooked smile, the lip biting, the dazzle, the clumsiness and all that. I am only slightly more ashamed...

      Cillian Murphy is only 5'6"?! That's the magic of film - he looks like a confident man who silently towers over everyone with a gleam in his eye that looks as menacing as it does loving. If he's not being considered for the role of Christian Grey, my feelings are deeply hurt! He has that perfect piercing stare. I would like to see him in more films. He's so underrated it's not even funny.

      Delete