Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Transit of Venus

I started writing this really emo post yesterday and I deleted it because why would I be all sad panda about life when beautiful things like this happen?

SDO's Ultra-high Definition View of 2012 Venus Transit -- Path Sequence

SDO's Ultra-high Definition View of 2012 Venus Transit - 171 Angstrom   SDO's Ultra-high Definition View of 2012 Venus Transit - 193 Angstrom

I wasn't able to catch this in my neck of the woods but it definitely snapped me out of my bad mood. Probably because Venus is my ruling planet and crossing over the Sun probably re-energized my spiritual self - which I am very grateful for.
But it's not only that that I was enjoying. Look at how gorgeous space it. The Sun is so gorgeous.  And the majesty of seeing these wonderful images from NASA is just so amazing to me and I am even more grateful for everything around me.  Sure, things might get me down from time to time but I always try to remember never to sweat the small stuff.  Life is far more precious than we care to acknowledge on a daily basis and I'd just like to take this moment to appreciate life and all of the things around me because it's all special and wonderful and magical.



See some more beautiful photos from NASA here

No comments:

Post a Comment