Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sharon Needles TONIGHT!

Today is a pretty big day.  I bought my ticket yesterday (talk about procrastinating!) to see . . . SHARON NEEDLES!  Ack!  I'm so excited!  At first, I wasn't too keen on getting tickets to a drag show but then I remembered: Duh, she's the winner of Drag Race, the place will be PACKED!
As I was rummaging through my closet last night, I decided I'd do pinup girl realness since I don't need to get any extra supplies.  Well...maybe some new falsies and I also need to get a bright lip stain at some point.  The one I currently have is more plum and it's almost out!  What's a girl to do!  LOL We'll see how I am on time.
When I got to work, I was busy watching pinup hair tutorials (during a tape capture) and I decided I'd start the process early.  So far, I have my bang curl done and all I have left to do is curl the ends when I get home.

So excited about seeing @sharonneedlespgh tonight that I've started getting ready already

If I had thought about it earlier, I would've tried to enter the Sharon look-a-like contest.  You know, for shits and giggles - especially since I'm not a tall, super skinny white boy.  That would've been funny.  But I'll stick to the pinup stuff and keep it semi-light.
On the plus side: my undercut is growing out nicely and I was able (with the aide of lots of hairspray) to pin it back so that my hairdo is kind of even on both sides.  I really wish I had enough hair on my left side so that I could do victory rolls.  I mean, I've been letting my hair get super greasy for days and I was able to get the right side looking perfect but alas, there's not enough hair on the left side for that without it looking really strange.  Just a few more months (I hope!).
I'm so anxious I can't wait to get home and start my makeup!  I think I'll go heavy with some red eyeshadow and do a red and black smoky eye.  We'll see.  Hopefully I won't have to rearrange looks like I did on Saturday.  Maybe I'll ditch the pinup thing and go punk rock glam?  We'll see how the day holds up!

Who else is going?  Did you hear about the protest?

No comments:

Post a Comment