Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rodarte star bursts

As we all know, I've been very inspired by the star cluster look from Rodarte's Fall2012 show

And on my quest to make them, I've done some pretty wacky stuff...
Star headband
This is the only one I can bear to share with you - the others were not so great...

Luckily for all of us, Refinery 29 has figured out how to make them with this handy dandy video tutorial!


I went to check out M and J Trimming's website since we don't have one of those here in Georgia and so my surprise, they don't have those cute studded stars listed in their nailheads section! *GASP* Luckily, trusty Studs and Spikes has them and I put my order in yesterday!  WHAT WHAT
A little later, I think I might order some bullets to make the bullet cuff I saw on, where else, Pinterest!  The tutorial originally came from Stripes and Sequins and I think it's pretty bad ass.  Especially since I'm trying to figure out what to do with my two keepsake bullets
Bullets
I finally decided (just two days ago as a matter of fact) that I would take my bullets to a local shooting range and have them deactivated without having to fire them off so that I can drill a hole through them and turn them into a two-tiered necklace.  I think Nate would enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment