Monday, February 20, 2012

Nail Art!

If you know me, you know I like to have little pops of WTF in my daily life.  A place where you will most certainly see that is with my nails!  I always try to mix it up with a different colour on each nail or with some weird design.  Lately, A LOT of my inspiration has been coming from Nailside.  Her tape mani tutorials are great and I've learned a lot from checking her tutorials out!
Along with Nailside, there a bah-zillion other blogs out there dedicated to nail art.  Some are fantastic sources of inspiration!  I'll give you a short list of my faves:
Nailside
The Illustrated Nail
Wah Nails
Madeline Poole Nails
Daaaang Girl!
Pretty Nail Swag
So So Fly Nails 
Love The Nails
Rebecca Likes Nails
SuPa Nails
Disco Nails

There are many MANY more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.  And that's a lot of good stuff right there!  Here are some great (and not-so-great) photos of nail art I've attempted.

  Finally found what I wanted for my Thanksgiving manicure! Galaxy nails 42/366: To outer space again... Triangles
1. A two-toned french tip mani based off of a mani I got when I attended my Goddaughter's Communion.
2. My 3 favourite Glee by Sephora colours (Blue: Slushied, Glitter: Celibacy club, Pink: Miss Bossy Pants)
3. Gold with OPI's black crackle
4. The most fun lightning bolts ever!  Based off of a black/gold lightning bolt I saw at The Illustrated Nail.  I call it the "Robin Hood" since I remember I was watching the BBC series while doing these...
5. Blood splattered
6. Rainbow splatter
7. I was attempting a Nailside explosion design but it didn't quite come out right...so I dubbed them Birthday Crowns since I did them for my birthday last year
8. Some lovely Butter London nail skins I got at Ulta
9. Hello Kitty bow fakesters I got at Target
10. 1st attempt at galaxy nails (based off of a You Tube tutorial I saw)
11. 2nd attempt at galaxy nails
12. Current mani - purple-pink triangles with blue glitter accent nail

Nail art is fun!  Sometimes I'll zone out and do my nails while watching TV or I'll see a design on a nail blog and I'll want to try it right away.  Lauren and I have talked about maybe having a nail art party in the Spring - which would be awesome because I'd LOVE to try and see some new designs!  When we do, I'll be sure to post lots and lots of photos!

Do you have any favourite nail art blogs or inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment