Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy NYFW Valentine's Day!

I'm loving all the New York Fashion Week coverage all over the web! From the Tumblr tag, Twitter and now all the way to Instagram, it's awesome!  I'm kind of hoping I make it to NY Fashion Week at one point or another in my life but for now, social networking has got me covered!  I'd much rather be in all the hectic fun that I've been seeing on From Me To You's Instagram (@_frommetoyou).  Maybe next year?  Maybe it's in my five year plan?  I have to remember that The Oscars are in my plan as well.  Can't I do both?  Of course I can!
And I'd like to do it in style!  Like in this cute little Kate Spade number

Or in this bad ass number by L.A.M.B.

I'm loving this cute Mod/60's rock 'n' roll look!  It's so feminine and it's such a great update to the rock/punk-meets-cute-girl thing that's been happening forever.
The beehives are the cherry on top.  Ever since I saw the Jean-Paul Gaultier beehives from Milan Fashion Week, I've been a little more than anxious to attempt it.  But where???  (Maybe a Project Runway All-Stars Finale Party?...)
Between attempting the Mondo pouf and now the FALL2012 RTW beehive, I've definitely got my work cut out for me!  Luckily, I've been secretly teasing my hair every now and again for some extra body and I've been washing my hair less frequently to get used to the texture for easy manipulation.  It's driving me crazy but I think I can manage.

On a personal note: I went to the doctor today and it turns out I do have a sinus infection so I'll be spending a lot more time with my NYFW friends on my phone while I rest up.  I'll definitely take notes on hair and make up and see what kinds of new outfits I can put together with what I already have (and maybe make more collars?).

I hope you all are having a Happy Valentine's Day!
XOXOXO

**EDITOR'S NOTE:
I can't believe I forgot the most important part!  Coco Rocha started my insane NYFW coverage with her gorgeous backstage photos on her Instagram! (@cocorocha).  She started all my madness!  Without her gorgeous feed, I wouldn't have been able to follow everyone that I've been finding on Instagram.  If you don't follow her on Instagram, what are you waiting for?!  Her photos are so beautiful and her outfit photos are amazing (example 1, example 2, example 3).  She's definitely one of my style icons for sure!
It was also through Ms. Rocha's Instagram that I saw Theophilus London opened the Rececca Minkoff show wearing his - you guessed it - custom Fresh.i.Am LVRS hat!

Ugh - how embarrassing!  I'll chalk it up to me being sick.  I hope you can forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment