Friday, September 30, 2011

Project Runway: Sew 70's Recap

OMG! Last night was so upsetting to me! I can't even believe what happened! I thought Anthony Ryan had the least offensive outfits last night but I guess the judges weren't on my side. BUT - I didn't want Joshua to go home either! Who should have? I don't know. Bert's were pretty boring, to me anyways, but the judges LOVED them (of course).

The challenge was to do a sophisticated 70's look (even though we ALL had enough of the 70's after last week's challenge...ugh...). Then they threw in the beloved second garment! So - two sophisticated 70's outfits to send down the runway. Let's see how they did.

Bert's first look:

I want to know how Bert manages to make this gal look like Taylor Dane EVERYTIME

Bert's second look:

This, to me, is SUPER BORING. Yeah, so the front is muted and the back is a contrasting colour but the guest judge (Miss Piperlime) kept saying how much she LOVED the metal detailing on the waist tie. Whoop-dee-doo. Wake me up when another look comes down the runway please.

Anthony Ryan's first look:


Honestly, this girl looks like any random hipster. I imagine her living in Seattle or Colorado. Maybe even New Mexico?

Anthony Ryan's second look:


Very granola-ish BUT still not offensive

Kimberly's first look:


This poor girls' boobs look like they're straining against that fabric! And too much of that fabric is very matronly, I think.  Eww!


Kimberly's second look:

I don't mean this in a bad way but the top reminds me of the pattern my Mom used to make tops for my nieces. My nieces who are under 10 years old. My nieces who are cute little girls. My nieces who are not adults and wearing these kinds of tops. Don't get me wrong - I like that style but it was a little much for me.

Viktor's first look:


Who's ready to go on an expedition to Africa?!  The snakeskin shirt says it's ready!  Of course the judges had boners for this look...

Viktor's second look:

The judges also had boners for this dress too.  Ummm...it was made well but I wasn't crazy about the snakeskin since it was in the first look already AND Viktor made a matching bow tie for himself AND he wore snakeskin shorts.  Overkill much?


Laura's first look:


I still stand by my drunken decision last night - I like this look!  I like the mitered chevrons on the top!  I don't think it looks prisony at all, judges.  AND I like the print on the bottom WAY better than Kimberly's pattern for the midriff top.  Just sayin'

Laura's second look:


This look was "meh" but I like the fabric she chose for the top!  I kinda want to see her use it again.

And now we arrive to Joshua.  Risk-taker.  Excuse-maker.  Outfit-justifier.  Tale-spinner.

Joshua's first look:


The tuxedo shirt was nice but it was very 80's.  The pants were all wrong and I'm not alone here.  MK let out that girlish scream for the backside of the pants and I did too.

Eww.  That's a crazy butt back there.  And the print is NOT helping.

Joshua's second look:


The judges hated the print (of course) but I liked it (of course I did).  And this look isn't very 70's either.  It reminds me of the early 90's for some reason.  Hmm.  Don't know why.

And now, Anya.  Let's take a moment to talk about her last night.  The budget was a slim $100.  Not a lot, right?  What happens?  Anya loses her money at Mood and one of the producers ran away with it they can't find it. Tim gives her the option of working with muslin and to ask her fellow designers if they have extra cash left over and none of them do - except Anthony Ryan. He was generous enough to give her $11 and some change he had left over and the other designers give her scrap fabric they might not be using. Except for Viktor: "What?  It's a competition. I'm not gonna help her".  I'm with him and against him one this one...Then, for the bombshell of the second look, they have a budget of $50.

Anya's first look:


Can you feel Heidi's lady boners?  Yeah, me too.

Anya's second look:


I'm not a fan of this one.  The proportions are off.  It's too large and it makes her bottom half look HUGE.  Eww.  Can you feel Heidi's lady boners for this one too?  Yeah, it's gross.

But guess what - surprise - Anya wins!  Please excuse my extreme excitement.  *Yawn*

Sadly, Anthony Ryan was sent home.  It was him and Joshua on the bottom and I didn't want either of them to go!  If it had been up to me, I would've sent Bert home with his disco roller girl hot shorts and silver-tipped rope tie on the biggest snooze dress since Olivier's clothes.  I was so upset!  How?!  Oh well.  What's done is done.  I have a feeling we're not done with Anthony Ryan.  He's too good!



Until next runway!
Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment