Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blink, My Chem and Matt and Kim rocked my face off!!

I'm not gonna lie - last night made me feel a little old.
As an early birthday present to myself, I went to see My Chemical Romance, Blink 182 and Matt and Kim at Lakewood Amphitheater.  What a show!!  I've seen MCR and Blink a few times but I had never seen Matt and Kim and it was AWESOME!!  They were so hyped up and got the crowd going - it was amazing!  I loved it!  I kind of wish I had seen them the last time they were here at a different venue.  Not that there's anything wrong with Lakewood...  I wish their set was longer!  It was so much fun!

MCR was amazing, as always.  It was nice to see the Blink Bros getting into Matt and Kim and MCR.  (I forgot how bro-ish Blink fans are.)

How did I forget that?  Oh yeah, the last time I saw Blink 182 was around 10+ years ago.  At the same venue too!  LOLZebras.  I will say this: Blink 182's visuals are insane!  I loved it!  I loved the whole thing!  The cartoonish cameras, the moving screens in the background - all of it was amazing!

And the best part about it: after they had played a decent sized set, Tom DeLonge said, "Okay, we're pretending to leave but we'll be back in about 5 minutes".  Then a huge drop cloth came down and they were gone.  Five minutes later, there was this DJ mix playing in the background and then we all heard Travis Barker's crazy drums.  Then, we all SAW Travis Barker at his drumset but it wasn't on stage, oh no, it was ABOVE IT.  WHAT THE WHAT??!?!?  That shit was crazy!!  His drumset was on a mechanical arm that came down from the ceiling and hovered over the crowd!  I had put my PowerShot away since I figured I was done getting blurry photos (damn that camera!) so I got my phone out.  After about 15 seconds with my phone I was like, "You idiot!  Get the other camera so you can zoom in!"  So, I grabbed my other camera and shot away.



I wish I had a better camera. All my MCR footage is blurry and this video does NOT do this performance justice. This was probably one of the better shows I've been to in a long time!  I had so much fun and I was sad when it was over.  Oh well.  All good things must come to an end.  Until next time, kids!  I hope all 3 bands come back to ATL really soon!

Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment