Friday, January 7, 2011

Life Resolution: Never Give Up Hope

I might be a little late on this Ted Williams train but I don't care. His story is super inspiring and something we should all really pay attention to.

It all started last night when I was blow drying my hair. My old man was was looking around on Buzz Feed (as usual), so I didn't think anything of it. I shut off the dryer and heard, "Mommy! Mommy!" so I had to ask, "What are you watching?" That's when he shared this clip with me:



I did all I could do to stay composed. Inside, I was a WRECK. All that was going through my head was: Wow, what a voice!, What an incredible story...I was a mess. A total mess. Then, he showed me this clip and I couldn't take it! My heart was bursting with so much love and hope and joy for this man! Then, I saw the final clip:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



I was overcome with so much joy that he was able to reunite with his mother that I left after the clip finished, closed the door to the bedroom and started crying hysterically.
Even now, as I write this, I have tears in my eyes. Every time I see his face, hear his voice or even think about his story, I can't stop the tears. I think this is such a wonderful story - especially at the beginning of the new year. We need to keep hope alive!
My resolutions for this year were mainly to have nothing but peace and love in my life - keeping all the negativity and hate out of it and this story has compelled me to always have hope.
When you feel like you're losing your way, just remember to never give up hope. Ted Williams never gave up hope and even though, yeah, it might have taken a little while for him to finally find his way, he still found his way by keeping hope alive! Let that be a message to everyone at the start of 2011 and let's hope we can all keep that message for years to come.

Love and kisses,
Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment