Thursday, May 7, 2009

V.I.P. at Drunken Unicorn

I arrived at Drunken Unicorn, early as usual, to find that the doors were still locked so I invaded Richy and La Chansons at their pre-show dinner at Bookhouse to have a couple of drinks. I wasn't planning on staying too late since I had to be at work early today but El Ten Eleven's performance was insane.
La Chansons were great, as always. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do because I'm starting to get all self-conscious about the pictures I take with my camera (like, they're not very good) and I didn't really feel like distracting them with my camera's triple flash attack.

♥ And all the guys in the audience had stars in their eyes for Carson ♥


**Thank you to Greg for the +1 and a drink ticket! You all made me feel like a VIP!**

When El Ten Eleven came on, I saw a bass and a drum set and thought of Death From Above 1979. You know, same set up. BUT these guys are amazing! Loops and layers upon layers of sounds and textures...great, great stuff. Krystyn let me know that they did a few songs for the documentary film Helvetica. I didn't know what to think at first but the more they played, the more energetic it became and the less it started feeling like I was listening to instrumentals. It felt like every layer had its own personality and style, causing it to evolve with every layer ontop of it, making it grow into this wild, out of control piece that flowed together in such a way that you didn't really want it to end. You can check out more of their skylarkings here and here. I wish I could have stayed long enough to pick up a CD but my bed was calling and now I'm definitely feeling the lack of sleep.
But I will say this: It was totally worth it and you should be very sad that you missed it.


Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment